How to Apply
All applicants must fill out the electronic application form and submit via e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications will not be reviewed unless they are on this form and align with the above-described initiatives.
Applications will be accepted continuously throughout the year. Awards will be announced on a periodic basis.
All applications that are deemed complete will receive a response in writing that the submission has been received and is under review.
Applications with funding requests for "shovel-ready" projects will be considered first. Funds, if awarded, will be transmitted by the REIT Way Hawaii Community Giving Initiative through the Nareit Foundation after the notification of award.
The Nareit Foundation will require all grantees to provide a written stewardship report describing how the funds were used and their impact.
Please email any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for a local grant, your organization:
- Must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- Must serve our local community.
- Should be aligned with our funding priorities of supporting local affordable housing non-profits and programs.
The following organizations are generally not eligible for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status.
- Political, labor, fraternal organizations, or civic clubs
- Religious organizations (for example, churches and synagogues). Some secular community service programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless, and job banks are eligible, even when sponsored by religious groups.